GC-O our PHASER, Olfactory Detection Port for GC or GC-MSThe human nose is an incredible detector for aroma/mal-odor components. Gas Chromatography Olfactometry (GC/O) is a bioassay that measures human response to odorants separated by gas chromatography. The superior sensitivity and selectivity of human olfaction make GC/O a powerful and meaningful tool for flavor chemistry. Head-space sampling, distillation, solvent extraction, solid phase microextraction (SPME) and our DMI are typical procedures used to introduce samples in a GC/O. Besides providing data about the potency of odorants extracted and separated for samples, GC/O can also be used to study variation in human olfaction or provide testing and training of panelists used in sensory testing. At its best, GC-O, provides industry with a link between chemical data collected from ingredients or products and the sensory and consumer preference data collected from the market place. At the very least GC-O data derived from a product can be used for quality control or the development of value added products.
- No cold spot gives the possibility to sniff the high boiling compounds.
- Maximum 300°C on the transfer line.
- Protects your nose from drying by adding moist air to sniffing port.
- Easy to connect the capillary column to the splitter.
- Sitting down or standing up while sniffing.
- Compact and easy to install on any GC instrument.
The standard supplied Splitmanager software makes it simple to install the PHASER.