Thermal Desorption Solutions (TDS)Simple, flexible and very reliable
The OPTIC-4 is a multifunctional injector for any kind of liquid injections but it is also designed for direct thermal desorption (TD) of volatiles and semi-volatiles from solid samples or desorption tubes.
The inlet functions as the thermal desorption unit, it can be cooled down (-150 °C) and heated up to 600 °C and when necessary the split exit can be used to remove solvent, water or other contamination to protect the column. After the desorption the compounds can be trapped on the column using the cryo trap.
The cryo-trap is installed in the GC-oven and the compounds are trapped in the analytical column. Trapping compounds directly in the column results in very narrow bands and thus lower detection limits.
Automation of the OPTIC-4 TDS can be performed using the ATAS GL LINEX system. Also automated TDS using capped tubes is possible using the ATAS GL capping/decapping system.
Strong points for OPTIC TDS
- No valves, transfer lines in flow path
- No cold spots in the whole GC-system
- Narrow peak band, very low detection limits
- Flexible system, no different system configuration
- Improved extraction efficiency
- Direct thermal desorption of solid samples
- Can be installed on every GC system
- Simple to automate (28 or 98 in one tray)
- OPTIC-4 TDS can be cooled during analysis
- Programmable for 9 thermal desorption steps during analysis